Tennis, anyone?

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Book Sale and Shopping

Yesterday, we went to a used book sale at the library. We try to go every year. It's really fun to hunt around and look for bargains. This year, we spent a little over $25.00 and ended up with 30 books. Just for fun, we weighed the books when we got home and found out that they were just over 14 pounds. It was a bit of a struggle with DD2, as she refused to be placed in her baby carrier (and I didn't even bother with a stroller because of the crowds). So as it turns out, I carried 20pounds worth of baby on one hip and 14 pounds of books on the other!

Today, I took DD out for a morning of her own. We left DD2 at home with Daddy and went to a few tag sales, a few stores, and treated ourselves to lunch out. Sometimes I worry that DD gets lost in the shuffle, what with all of focus on the baby right now. It was good that DD and I had some alone time together, even if it was just for a few hours.

The tag sales prompted DD to think about stuff that she can sell for money. She wants to have her own tag sale and use the money earned toward something special (to be determined). At this very moment, she is sorting through her books, looking for those that she is ready to get rid of...

No comments: