Tennis, anyone?

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Where did November Go?

Wow, I can't even fathom what happened to the past thirty days. Let's see if I can give a brief summary:

Soccer - The orange team has finished the fall season! We gave the girls trophies, which were much admired and appreciated. DD is looking forward to another season in the spring. I've decided to take the next season off from coaching. It has been tough on DD2, being away those mornings, so I'll take a break and then see what the fall of 2011 brings.

First Parent-Teacher conference of Second Grade - DD had an excellent report from her teacher. She excels in all of her subject areas - reading, writing, math. DD loves school, her teacher and her friends. We look for ways to enrich her learning at home, and have recently found some accelerated on-line math programs that she enjoys. We usually make at least 2 trips to the library a week, to feed her voracious appetite for chapter books!

School Volunteering - I'm going into DD's classroom to work with the kids, every other week. I alternate that with helping out in the school library (when DD's class is there). I'd like to do more but leaving DD2 is hard on both of us, so for now, I'm content with what I'm doing. Being at the school really helps me keep a handle on what's going on, so it is definitely worth the sometimes hectic last-minute stuff to get there!

Health - Everyone in our household has been fairly healthy this past month. DD2 had a cold a few weeks ago, but other than that, we've been fine. Everyone except Dear Husband has had a flu shot. Hopefully we'll be healthy the rest of the winter!

Teddy Bear Rhythms and Waddlers - DD2 attends two little music classes weekly. She absolutely loves this time to sing and dance with her little friends. She is so much fun to watch as she sways to the music, marches and plays her instruments. I think she is going to be just as musical as DD.

Piano - DD2 continues with her piano lessons and is learning to read music. She is progressing very well. She talks about wanting to take up the violin, but we're going to hold off on that for a while.

Chinese Language - DD2 takes a weekly Chinese language class, which she enjoys. She is in a small group with several other boys and girls. They work on speaking, reading and writing Chinese. Dear Husband and I are anxious to learn, once time allows.

Girl Scouts and Outdoor Education classes - DD2 is an active Brownie Scout and also enjoys a monthly outdoor education class at a nearby science center.

Knitting - I'm still a member of my knitting group, although it is sometimes hard to get away to attend. Nightime routines are still a little rough in our household, which makes it tough to stage a quick get away. But I am working on a few projects - a baby kimono for our school bus driver who is expecting, and a cotton dishcloth, to name a few.

There...I think that just about covers things for now. I would really like to get back into the habit of posting more regularly....

No comments: