Tennis, anyone?

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pancake's Weigh-In

Well, I took Pancake to the vet yesterday to be weighed. She has been on prescription diet food for the past month. When I started her diet, she was fed 1 and 1/4 cups and I gradually reduced this amount until she was only eating 1 cup per day. She is currently eating 1 cup daily. Since the diet started, she has lost ONLY 1/4 of a pound! The veterinarian has said that cats lose weight very slowly. She wants us to reduce Pancake's food even further, to 3/4 cups daily.

Meanwhile, the cat is driving us CRAZY. She begs almost constantly for food and she slinks around, acting miserable.

If you have a cat, please take the poll on the side bar to the right. I'm curious to know how much your cat eats.

3 comments:

angie said...

That's faster than I lose weight....perhaps I should try 3/4 cup of food a day as well :-)

szekeres said...

Marsh: For our two cats the food bowl is always available with dry food in it and they eat any amoun they want. They never gourge out and I add food about every 3 days. Right now Buffy is down here in the basement and she stopped at the food bowl (which I can see from my office desk) and she took a few bits and moved on. It is interesting how different cats respond. We would hae real problem if we could not leave food out when we got up North for a weekend.

ESS

Em said...

Well.... its better than gaining wieght!