Also today, after I do my weekly helping stint in DD's school library, I'm doing a hush-hush activity with all the kids in DD's class. Her class has had a student teacher, Ms. J., since the beginning of the year. She is GREAT and the Room Parents (of which I am one) wanted to do something to say thank you for all of her hard work with our kids, since her assignment at our school is finished next week.
So, I offered to pick up a canvas tote and have the kids sign their names to it. As well, I asked each parent to give a $5.00 donation towards a gift certificate to a local book store. The tote thing has been a stretch for me, because I am generally challenged in the "arts and crafts" area. I traced a bunch of hearts on it (each kid will write his or her name inside a heart) and glue guned some ribbon on it. I also got some sundry buttons that I might use for decorations. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the project won't turn out to be a disaster (at the very least, the kids' names will be cute).
The signing will occur today....I'll try to post a picture of the finished product.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment