Tennis, anyone?

Monday, November 9, 2009

Sad News about Wilbur

I had to have Wilbur put to sleep today. His condition worsened over the past two days, so I took him in for an emergency vet visit. The vet did an x-ray and discovered what we had been afraid we would find - a large bladder stone. He also had the extra complication of crystals in his urine. There was no doubt that he was in pain. I talked with the vet about surgery as a possible option, but we both decided against it, due to possible complications, and the fact that bladder stones can recur.

Wilbur brought such joy to our household. He loved to be held and to cuddle. Whenever he heard the refrigerator door open, he demanded food and usually got what he asked for - a carrot, a piece of celery, a piece of apple. So much personality in such a small package. He will be greatly missed.

4 comments:

angie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry.

Marsha said...

Thanks....this one was tough.

Em said...

Poor Wilbur.... I am sorry

Marsha said...

Thanks, Emmie - we've all been really sad about losing Wilbur.